- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Man City v Man Utd Odds: Blue half of Manchester edge the match betting
There is the mouth-watering prospect of Man City v Man Utd from the Etihad Stadium on Sunday lunchtime as the two Manchester rivals go head-to-head. Just three points separate second-placed City and league leaders United in the table so there is all to play for as the Premiership looks to be turning into a two-horse race.
With barely anything to choose between the two teams in the league table, it is no surprise that there is little to choose between them in the latest match betting. City go in as 5/4 favourites as they look to extend a brilliant home record, while United are a 21/10 punt and the draw is 12/5 with Paddy Power - who will refund all losing first/last scorer, correct score and scorecast single bets on the match if Robin van Persie scores anytime.
The Dutchman has been in fine scoring form as he is the league's top scorer with 10 goals and he is 11/2 favourite to be first goalscorer on Sunday. The form of Van Persie has been key in United's rise to the top of the table as he has helped them win three league games in a row following their 1-0 defeat at Norwich.
They have beaten QPR, West Ham and Reading during that run but they have done so without convincing and their defensive efforts at Reading were particularly woeful. They won through 4-3 in the end but it means they have now conceded 21 goals in the Premier League, while they have kept just one clean sheet in 13 in all competitions.
They lost 1-0 to Cluj in the Champions League on Wednesday night but that match is unlikely to have any bearing on this fixture with City as Sir Alex Ferguson fielded a second-string side, although it will be a concern that they will be without the injured Anderson, Tom Cleverley, Antonio Valencia, Nemanja Vidic and Nani for the trip to the Etihad.
Those absentees leave United particularly light in midfield and Roberto Mancini's Manchester City will look to take full advantage. City also lost in the Champions League as they went down 1-0 to Borussia Dortmund, which means they can now focus on the Premier League as they have no European football to distract them.
Despite their European woes, Man City remain unbeaten in the league this season and they are unbeaten in their last 37 league games at home. It is defensively that they have been most improved as they have kept six clean sheets in their last nine in the league and they are 5/2 to keep a clean sheet on Sunday.
That defensive resilience has seen their last five in all competitions finish with under 2.5 goals and under 2.5 could be worth a look at 5/4 in the latest betting with PaddyPower, particularly as there has only been five goals scored in the last six meetings between these teams at the Etihad. Five of the last six Manchester derbies at the Etihad have finished with a 1-0 scoreline and the 17/2 for City to win 1-0 looks decent value.
City's superior defensive record could be key in this match and the fact they have scored in all of their league games at home this season bodes well. Carlos Tevez has scored seven goals in the league this term and the former Manchester United man is a tempting 6/1 to score first against his old club.
Man City v Man Utd Form
Check the season's statistics for both Man City and Man Utd, plus the odds ahead of Sunday's match.
Man City v Man Utd Tips
Tip #1: Man City to win 1-0 @ 17/2 with PaddyPower.
Tip #2: Carlos Tevez to score first @ 6/1 with PaddyPower.
Tip #3: Under 2.5 goals @ 5/4 with PaddyPower.
Man City v Man Utd Odds
5/4 Man City
21/10 Man Utd
Correct Score Odds
17/2 Man City 1-0
11/1 Man City 2-0
15/2 Man City 2-1
11/1 Draw 0-0
6/1 Draw 1-1
10/1 Draw 2-2
11/1 Man Utd 1-0
17/1 Man Utd 2-0
9/1 Man Utd 2-1
First Goalscorer Odds
11/2 Robin van Persie
11/2 Sergio Aguero
6/1 Carlos Tevez
7/1 Edin Dzeko
7/1 Mario Balotelli
7/1 Wayne Rooney
8/1 Javier Hernandez
9/1 Yaya Toure
10/1 Danny Welbeck
10/1 No Goalscorer
11/1 David Silva
12/1 Samir Nasri
Odds supplied by PaddyPower.com, who will refund all losing first scorer, last scorer, correct score and scorecast single bets on the match if Robin van Persie scores anytime.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Wigan v QPR Odds Tempting odds for a draw at DW Stadium
QPR Still Searching For First Win Of The Season
Sunderland v Chelsea Odds Blues favourites for the win at Stadium of Light
Two Under Pressure Managers Go Head To Head
Wolves v Birmingham Odds Out Of Form Sides Meet At Molineux
Kevin Doyle The Favourite In First Goalscorer Market
Aston Villa v Stoke Odds Robert Huth is a tempting outside bet to score
Home Side Slight Favourites For Clash At Villa Park
Southampton v Reading Odds Saints favourites in St Marys relegation clash
The Royals Are Yet To Win On The Road This Season
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers