- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Tottenham v Newcastle Odds: Back a draw in the White Hart Lane betting
The live Premier League kick-off on Saturday lunchtime comes from White Hart Lane as Tottenham take on Newcastle. Spurs go into the game in fourth place, just a point behind Chelsea in third, but they are in the midst of a striker shortage, while a rejuvenated Newcastle are suddenly looking onwards and upwards following successive league wins.
The Magpies had looked like they were going to be pulled into a relegation dogfight for the next few months but wins over Aston Villa and Chelsea have lifted them up to 15th place and six points clear of relegation. They go into this weekend's game as 4/1 underdogs and it is Spurs who are 4/6 odds on favourites, while the draw can be backed at a tempting 11/4 with Ladbrokes.
Spurs are on a fine run of form as they look to seal that all-important top-four finish and Champions League football for next season. They have won eight and lost only one of their last 13 league fixtures and they are unbeaten in their last nine in the top flight. That run ensures they are right in the mix at the top of the table but Andre Villas-Boas has a real selection headache for Saturday.
Main striker Jermain Defoe misses the game through injury, while their other recognised forward, Emmanuel Adebayor, will only return from the African Cup of Nations 24 hours before kick-off. Adebayor is 5/1 to be first scorer but Villas-Boas has hinted that Gareth Bale could be handed a role up front after scoring six in his last eight appearances for the club.
Bale was on target for Wales in mid-week too as he scored in their 2-1 win over Austria and he is 11/2 to score first in the latest betting with Ladbrokes. Tottenham have tended to take a while to get going this season though as they have scored the highest proportion of their goals in the second half of matches (74%).
Furthermore, they have scored just one goal in the first half of their last 11 league outings. With that in mind, it could be worth a look at the 23/20 on offer for the second half to involve most Spurs goals on Saturday, while Ladbrokes go 21/10 for Tottenham's first goal to be scored in the second half.
It bodes well for Tottenham that they have won the last three Spurs v Newcastle fixtures at White Hart Lane without conceding a goal, including a 5-0 win here last year. However, Newcastle will be looking for revenge from that result and their influx of January signings has ensured that they are a rejuvenated side.
They won 2-1 at Aston Villa to record their first away win of the season and then beat Chelsea 3-2 at home. New signing Moussa Sissoko was instrumental in both of those wins as the midfielder scored two in the win over Chelsea and he is a juicy 14/1 to be first goalscorer on Saturday.
Alan Pardew's side should be full of confidence after those results and the pressure of relegation has eased considerably. They did beat Spurs 2-1 at St James' Park earlier this season and they could grab a valuable point this weekend against a Tottenham team who may be left to rue their failure to sign a striker during the January transfer window.
Tottenham v Newcastle Form
Check the season's statistics for both Tottenham and Newcastle, plus the odds ahead of Saturday's match.
Tottenham v Newcastle Tips
Tip #1: Draw @ 11/4 with Ladbrokes.
Tip #2: Second half to involve most Tottenham goals @ 23/20 with Ladbrokes.
Tip #3: Moussa Sissoko to score first each-way @ 14/1 with Ladbrokes.
Tottenham v Newcastle Odds
Correct Score Odds
7/1 Tottenham 1-0
7/1 Tottenham 2-0
7/1 Tottenham 2-1
11/1 Draw 0-0
7/1 Draw 1-1
14/1 Draw 2-2
14/1 Newcastle 1-0
22/1 Newcastle 2-0
14/1 Newcastle 2-1
First Goalscorer Odds
5/1 Emmanuel Adebayor
11/2 Gareth Bale
6/1 Clint Dempsey
6/1 Harry Kane
7/1 Jonathan Obika
7/1 Papiss Cisse
8/1 Lewis Holtby
9/1 Gylfi Sigurdsson
10/1 Yoann Gouffran
10/1 Shola Ameobi
10/1 No Goalscorer
12/1 Aaron Lennon
Odds supplied by Ladbrokes.com, who offer live in-play betting for all Premier League matches.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Watford v Crystal Palace Odds Back Vydra to score in a Hornets win
Watford Favourites For Key Championship Clash
Champions League Last Sixteen Betting Preview Real Madrid odds on to beat Man United
Arsenal Face A Tough Task Against Bayern Munich
Scotland v Estonia Odds Strachan can start his reign with a win at Pittodrie
Strachan Takes Charge For First Time Since Replacing Levein
Spain v Uruguay Odds Back Suarez to get on the scoresheet against the world champions
Spain Odds On Favourites For International Friendly
Ireland v Poland Odds Lewandowski can fire Poles to victory in Dublin
Poland Look To Take Advantage Of Depleted Ireland Side
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers