Liverpool To Deny Pilgrims Progress In The FA Cup
Liverpool meet Plymouth Argyle for the first time since 1962 on Sunday in the third round of the FA Cup.
- Liverpool have never lost an FA Cup game against a team from the fourth tier, winning 12 and drawing three
- Plymouth have never won at Anfield
|Sunday 8th January - 1.30pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Liverpool v Plymouth Argyle|
|Tips||Half time / full time: Liverpool / Liverpool Best Bet||@ 1 / 2|
Naturally, Liverpool start as 1/6 favourites for the tie at Anfield with League Two side Plymouth as big as 22/1 with some bookmakers. But Liverpool are no strangers to being the victim of a giant-killing in this competition down the years.
With bigger challenges ahead in both the Premier League – including a trip to Old Trafford – as well as the two-legged EFL Cup semi final against Southampton, Jurgen Klopp may choose to make changes to his team.
Striker Daniel Sturridge was injured at Sunderland in Liverpool's last game and there are also doubts over Jordan Henderson, Philippe Coutinho and James Milner.
Plymouth's recent signing Jakub Sokolik is Cup-tied having already played for Southend in the competition this season.
Liverpool have lost just twice in all competitions this season – at Burnley and Bournemouth.
Currently second in League Two, Plymouth are just a point behind leaders Doncaster Rovers. Derek Adams' team lost their last game at Barnet 1-0 on January 2. Prior to that they were unbeaten in six with three wins and three draws. They started the season with three defeats but then went on an amazing run of nine wins and a draw in their next 10.
Plymouth have lost each of their last 11 FA Cup meetings against top flight opposition and this will be the first meeting between Liverpool and Plymouth since 1961/1962. The teams were then in the old Division Two and Liverpool won 3-0, following up a 2-1 win at Anfield earlier in the season.
Plymouth's last victory against Liverpool was in 1956 when they won 4-0 though they have never won at Anfield.
Liverpool v Plymouth Match Betting Odds
Liverpool are 1/6 for the win with Betfred while Plymouth are 16/1 through Coral. A draw is 13/2 with SkyBet. While Liverpool will probably field some fringe players for this game, they should still be too strong at home for the Pilgrims. A half time/full time double for the Reds can be backed at 1/2 with Coral. In the both teams to score market, no is 4/7 with yes at 5/4 with Bet365.
Liverpool v Plymouth First Scorer Betting Odds
Despite being an injury doubt, Daniel Sturridge is the 13/5 favourite to open the scoring with Bet365 and is 8/15 to score anytime. Others in the running are Divock Origi at 4/1 and Roberto Firmino at 15/4. Adam Lallana is 11/2.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Back Both Teams To Score When Cambridge Eye An FA Cup Upset Against Leeds
Cambridge V Leeds Betting Preview
Back Villarreal To Hold Out Against Barcelona In This Weeks La Liga Treble
Back The Treble At 8/1
Mike Dean To Take Centre Stage When Spurs Cover A Handicap Against Villa
Tottenham V Aston Villa Betting Preview
The Score Draw Is A Stand Out Bet For Cardiff v Fulham In The FA Cup
Cardiff V Fulham Betting Preview
Back United To Spoil Stams Old Trafford Return In FA Cup
Manchester United V Reading Match Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers