Back Both Teams To Score When Cambridge Eye An FA Cup Upset Against Leeds
The television cameras are at the Abbey Stadium on Monday night as the schedulers anticipate a potential FA Cup third round upset when Cambridge take on Leeds. Both teams are going well in their respective divisions and it promises to be an entertaining clash between two sides who have been in fine form in front of goal...
- Cambridge have only lost one of their last eight home games in the FA Cup
- Leeds are unbeaten in four previous meetings with Cambridge - Won Two, Drawn Two
- This is the first meeting between Cambridge and Leeds since 1984
|Monday 9th January - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Cambridge v Leeds|
|Tips||Both teams to score Best Bet||@ 9 / 10|
The clubs are currently separated by fifty places in the football pyramid as Leeds are riding high in fifth place in the Championship following a five-match unbeaten run, while Cambridge have gone seven without defeat in League Two to move up to seventh place in their domestic table.
It is no surprise to see that Leeds are 21/20 favourites for victory but you get the impression that promotion is their priority this year and it will be interesting to see whether Garry Monk rotates his team.
Leeds don't make great appeal for a bet as they have gone beyond the third round just three times in the previous thirteen seasons and they take on a Cambridge side that thrashed an admittedly woeful Coventry 4-0 to reach the third round for only the second time in nine years.
The U's held Manchester United 0-0 at the Abbey Stadium when they last reached the fourth round in 2015 before losing the replay and they will be eyeing a famous scalp this week, with Bet 365 going 14/5 about a Cambridge win and 13/5 about the draw.
Both Teams To Score
The U's have already beaten a Championship team this season as they knocked Sheffield Wednesday out of the League Cup in August and they head into this match in fine fettle.
Shaun Derry's side will fancy their chances of at least getting on the score sheet as they have scored in twelve matches in a row in all competitions (not including the Football League Trophy) and both teams to score looks like a solid option at 9/10 (Unibet).
Both Teams To Score Odds:
Furthermore, Leeds have scored in 12 of their past 15 outings in all formats and Chris Wood is the 15/4 favourite to open the scoring (B365) after notching sixteen goals this season.
Cambridge have a form man of their own though as Luke Berry has scored eight goals in his past four appearances at home and he is 8/1 to score first when bidding to his tally of five goals from his past five starts in the FA Cup.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Back Villarreal To Hold Out Against Barcelona In This Weeks La Liga Treble
Back The Treble At 8/1
Mike Dean To Take Centre Stage When Spurs Cover A Handicap Against Villa
Tottenham V Aston Villa Betting Preview
The Score Draw Is A Stand Out Bet For Cardiff v Fulham In The FA Cup
Cardiff V Fulham Betting Preview
Back United To Spoil Stams Old Trafford Return In FA Cup
Manchester United V Reading Match Betting Preview
Recent Trends Point To Goals Galore When Arsenal Visit Preston
Preston V Arsenal Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers