Shakhtar Donetsk to draw with Manchester City in final Champions League group game
Manchester City have already secured their place in the last-16 of the Champions League, having notched five wins from five in Group F, so Pep Guardiola is likely to ring the changes for their final qualifcation game of the group stages, as they face a trip to a Shakhtar Donetsk side who only need a point to guarantee their qualification to the knockout stages, along with the Premier League leaders.
- Manchester City have won all five Champions League games this season
- Shakhtar Donetsk need a point to guarantee qualification to last-16
- Manchester City beat Shakhtar Donetsk 2-0 earlier in the campaign.
|Wednesday 6th December - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Shakhtar Donetsk v Manchester City|
|Tips||Draw Best Bet||@ 12 / 5|
How Will It Go?
If there was something riding on this match then City would be red-hot favourites to down the Ukrainian outfit, but with Guardiola likely to rest a host of key players ahead of Sunday's Manchester Derby then it's no surprise to see Shakhtar installed as the 17/10 favourites with Betway, while City are as big as 15/8 with Betfair Sportsbook to maintain their 100% record.
However, you have to feel that the home side will be more than happy with a draw after 90 minutes, as they are currently three points clear of Napoli in Group F, and while the Italian side should ease past whipping boys Feyenoord, a point will be enough for Shakhatr, and City are sure to not go and chase the game, with such a huge Premier League match at the weekend, so the 12/5 with bet365 for a draw is the way to go.
Goals Hard To Come By
City have been netting for fun all season, and have already amassed 13 Champions League goals this season, but Guardiola could well rest both Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus, while Kevin De Bruyne is banned for the visitors, so will be another key cog of they attacking line-up not lining up on Wednesday evening.
So, it could be an uncharacteristic City clash that is devoid of goals, and the eye-catching bet is for there to be under 2.5 goals, which is 11/10 with Betfair Sportsbook, and with both sides likely to sit back then it could be a fairly uneventful Champions League tie for the neutral.
With both teams happily settling for a draw then you have to feel that the most attractive betting proposition in the correct score market is the 6/1 on offer with William Hill, while some could even enjoy the 11/1 with bet365 for a 0-0 stalemate, but in terms of first goalscorer betting it's paramount that punters wait for the team selection, as Guardiola is bound to shuffle his pack ahead of a crunch weekend.
Correct Score Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Back Both Teams To Score When Tottenham And APOEL Meet At Wembley
Tottenham V APOEL Betting Preview
Free Scoring Liverpool Can Secure Qualification With Spartak Moscow Win
Russian Side Have It All To Do At Anfield In The Champions League
Rock Solid Man United Can Sweep Past CSKA Moscow At Old Trafford
United Need A Point To Be Sure Of Champions League Qualification
Improving Atletico Must Beat Chelsea In Stamford Bridge Champions League Clash
Chelsea Have Already Qualified For The Last 16
Scintillating Man City Can Sweep Past Woeful West Ham At Home
How Many Will West Ham Concede?
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers