Improving Atletico Must Beat Chelsea In Stamford Bridge Champions League Clash
Tuesday 5th December 2017, 7.45pm - Chelsea v Atletico (Stamford Bridge)
It has been a thrilling ride in the Champions League this season and we come to the last round of group matches with plenty still to be decided. That includes the big game at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night as Atletico Madrid arrive in London knowing that only a win will give them a chance of making the knock-out stages.
- Atletico have conceded just one goal in their last six matches in all competitions since the start of November
|Tuesday 5th December - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Chelsea v Atletico|
|Tips||Atletico to win Best Bet||@ 13 / 5|
Chelsea Need A Point To Secure Top Spot In Group C
Chelsea go into this game safe in the knowledge that they have already secured their passage through to the knock-out stages of the Champions League, but they do still have work to do if they are to top the pool.
A point should be enough to see them secure their place on top if the pile and they will be eager to do that against an Atletico team are who are just coming into form. Their sluggish start to the season has seen them struggle in the section but a win for them in London and a Roma defeat against Qarabag would see them squeak through to the last 16.
Chelsea did win the match between these two in Madrid but Atletico have improved since then, conceding just one goal in their last six matches, and the betting is tight as a result. Chelsea have home advantage and are 21/20 with Bet Victor to claim the win, whilst the same firm are 13/5 with the same form to nab the away win.
Chelsea v Atletico Madrid Match Betting - Click To Bet
The Spanish Side Know That Only A Win Will Do On Tuesday Night
Atletico looked like a shadow of their former self during the first couple of months of their season having arrived at the new stadium, but they have turned the corner in recent weeks.
They are unbeaten in their last six matches, winning five and drawing one, and they have only conceded that solitary goal in the process. Diego Simeone appears to have re-found that rock solid defence that has been the best in Europe over the past five years, and that platform does give them a chance at Chelsea.
That is unlikely to be enough to qualify with Roma surely going to get at least a point against Qarabag but Atletico are going to want to go out on a high. Conte and Simeone are naturally pragmatic managers who like to build a solid foundation, and we can expect a slightly cagey game as a result.
Under 2.5 goals is an attractive side bet at 5/6 with Bet Victor given the two coaches involved, and in general this could well prove to be a tense affair. At the prices it is certainly an in-form Atletico that make most appeal to grab a big win away from home, but it won't be enough to see them through to latter stages of the tournament.
Chelsea v Atletico Total Goals - Click To Bet
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Scintillating Man City Can Sweep Past Woeful West Ham At Home
How Many Will West Ham Concede?
Expect A Low Scoring Affair As Bournemouth Host Southampton On Super Sunday
El Classic-Coast Likely To Be A Tight Contest At Dean Court
A Chelsea Win To Nil Is The Best Bet Against Newcastle
Chelsea V Newcastle Betting Preview
Jose To Go Full Mourinho When Man Utd Visit Arsenal
Arsenal V Manchester United Betting Preview
Everton to bounce back to form with Premier League win over West Ham United
Everton V West Ham United Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers