Republic Of Ireland to down Serbia and go one step closer to World Cup qualification
Republic of Ireland's 2018 World Cup qualification journey hit an unwanted bump on Saturday as Martin O'Neill's men suffered a disappointing 1-1 draw with lowly Georgia, but they will have a quick chance to make amends for those two lost points as they host Serbia in a Group D top-of-the-table clash on Tuesday evening, and a win for O'Neill's side will see them leapfrong their opponents to top spot in the group.
- Ireland drew 2-2 with Serbia away from home
- Both sides are unbeaten in Group D after seven matches
- Ireland drew 1-1 with Georgia, Serbia beat Moldova 3-0 on Saturday
|Tuesday 5th September - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Republic of Ireland v Serbia|
|Tips||Republic of Ireland to win Best Bet||@ 2 / 1|
Three draws in a row has seen Republic of Ireland just stutter after a fine start to their qualifying campaign, and with Wales picking up a win against Moldova then they are only two points behind them in the table, but O'Neill will want a reaction to Saturday's draw, and they have been installed as 2/1 shots with bet365, with Serbia just being edged into favouritism.
A comfortable 3-0 win at home to Moldova saw Serbia propel clear at the top of the table, but they could only draw 2-2 with Ireland on home soil, so the 9/5 with Betfair Sportsbook for them to pick up a victory here, and go five points clear of their adversaries is a little too much to ask for a side that are like Ireland an unbeaten after seven matches.
The draw is 21/10 with bet365, and many will get stuck into that price, but Ireland will be desperate to make amends for Saturday's shocker, and O'Neill should have them flying out of the traps then a game that could be an entertaining affair could just go the way of the home side, who can go back to the top of the group.
Ireland To Win By Odd Goal
Serbia may have scored 16 goals in their World Cup D qualification campaign, but they have also conceded seven goals in seven matches, including two at home to Ireland, so this game could be a clash that provides another goal-fest, and the 21/20 available with Ladbrokes is a cracking bet, with both sides desperate for the win to enhance automatic qualifcation.
With both teams scoring in every single qualifying match then we should be in for a treat, but if Ireland can grab the first goal then they could well go on to pick up the three points, and for those looking for some enhanced value from the win market then the 21/2 with Paddy Power for a 2-1 Ireland win is worth a nibble, while Ireland to win by one goal is an attractive 7/2 with Betfair Sportsbook.
Shane Duffy opened the scoring in Georgia, but lightning is unlikely to strike twice, and he is 29/1 with Unibet to break the deadlock again on Tuesday, so look towards top marksman Shane Long, who will lead the line for Ireland, and at 6/1 with Paddy Power to score first, he can ignite a narrow home win.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Back USA Montenegro and Shrewsbury in the Bankers Bet
Pays Just Over 6/1
Wales Tipped To Strike First In Must Win World Cup Qualifier Against Austria
Wales V Austria Betting Preview
Bradford City and Bristol Rovers feature in our Both Teams To Score Treble
Goals Expected In Lincoln V Luton And Wycombe V Forest Green Games
Ireland To Edge To A Narrow Win Over Georgia in Tbilisi
Georgia V Republic Of Ireland Betting Preview
Another MLS Treble Can Land Thanks To A Home Win For Montreal v Chicago Fire
MLS Treble Pays 9/2
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers