- TREBLE SPECIAL - Paddy Power go 25/1 for West Ham, Chelsea and Leicester ALL to win (New Accounts)
- ACCA SPECIAL - 30/1 Chelsea, West Ham, Leicester and Newcastle ALL win (New Betfair Customers)
- PREMIER LEAGUE - 10/1 Man Utd and Leicester BOTH to win (New Coral Accounts)
- CHAMPIONSHIP - Get 7/1 for Middlesbrough to beat Brighton with Paddy Power (New Customers)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 12/1 Middlesbrough win or 16/1 Brighton win with Betfair
- NORWICH v MAN UTD - New Betfair customers get 10/1 for Man United to win
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 6/1 for Leicester to beat Everton with Paddy Power
- LEICESTER v EVERTON - New Betfair customers get 6/1 for Leicester to win
- TREBLE SPECIAL - New Paddy Power customers can get 20/1 for Spurs, Liverpool and Man City ALL win
- SUPER SUNDAY - Betfair go 20/1 Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal ALL win (New Customers)
- TOTTENHAM v SOUTHAMPTON - 12/1 for Spurs to win with Betfair (New Accounts)
- PREMIER LEAGUE - Coral go 8/1 for Liverpool and Spurs BOTH to win (New Accounts)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - 14/1 Southampton to beat Spurs with Paddy Power
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Paddy Power offer 7/1 Man City win or 10/1 Arsenal win
- PREMIER LEAGUE - Betfair go 7/1 Man City win or 10/1 Arsenal win (New Accounts)
- Live In-Play - Trophee Hassan II
- Live In-Play - Wells Fargo Championship
- Next Aston Villa Manager - Latest Odds
- WATCH LIVE SPORT at BET365
Liverpool v Manchester United Odds: Draw Favoured Outcome for Anfield Clash
Unmissable is how one soccer pundit has described this game, which for neutral soccer fans is without question the game of the weekend. Liverpool v Manchester United always has a special ‘ring’ about it, but King Kenny v Sir Alex even more so. The two managers have a long and not always savoury history and will have their teams extremely well motivated to win the game which takes place at Anfield on Sunday afternoon. The outcome of course is anyone’s guess, but the Bookmakers are just about leaning towards a United win with Paddy Power for instance offering 6/4 about them taking the three points, with Liverpool at 15/8 and the draw 9/4,
Liverpool of course know that they are not going to win the Premier League this season, but the last thing they want is for the title to go back to Old Trafford. This means that United can expect a game of high intensity, passionate to the extreme, uncompromising and potentially damaging to their title hopes. Liverpool on the other hand will be facing a team equal in all emotional departments but one that needs the points more, which could be the deciding factor.
Both teams come into the match on the back of defeats, Liverpool’s revival under Dalglish hit a ‘brick wall’ last week when they were surprisingly beaten by struggling West Ham while United who were the best team for long periods suffered their second defeat of the season this time against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Dalglish will be celebrating his 6oth birthday this week and there would be no better present for him than the three points that could be earned by victory on Sunday.
Whilst United have won the last two Premier League fixtures, as well as an FA Cup tie between the two clubs, it has been Liverpool who have won this particular fixture at Anfield for the last two seasons, they beat the ‘Red Devils’ 2-0 last season and 2-1 the season before. The games are usually close and all league encounters barring one played in the last ten years have seen goals. In fact the last six games between the two teams have produced 21 goals, which makes the 6/5 odds, put up by Paddy Power, against there being more than 2.5 goals a reasonable bet.
Favourite in the market to score the first goal of the game in fact is Wayne Rooney, who scored the opener against Chelsea with a superb strike the other night, bringing his tally to seven for the season in the league; the England star is an 11/2 odds against option with Paddy Power. His strike partner, Dimitar Berbatov should also be strongly considered as it was he who scored all three goals in United’s 3-2 league win over Liverpool earlier this season; the Bulgarian striker has odds of 6/1. The same Bookmakers make Liverpool’s Luis Suarez an 11/2 shot and have record breaking signing, Andy Carroll at 13/2 to beat Rooney in scoring the first goal, however, despite speculation to the contrary, it is unlikely that the 22 year old will play; certainly not the full game anyway. Punters therefore might want to consider either Joe Cole who netted the only goal in Chelsea’s win over United last season at Old Trafford, who has odds of 12/1 or the extremely tempting odds of 9/1 about Steven Gerrard who scored both goals for the ‘Reds’ in the 2-3 league defeat mentioned above.
On the injury front, United should have Rio Ferdinand back following his calf muscle strain, while Liverpool will be without Kelly, Aurelio, Agger and Shelvey whose absence’s should not affect their overall team make up. Both teams therefore will be more or less at full strength for the match.
Clearly this game could go either way, but as much as they would both want to win, the draw looks the safest and best betting option here. A 1-1 outcome would seem to make sense but a 2-2 result could not be ruled out if past results are taken into consideration.
Liverpool v Manchester United Form
Check the season's statistics for both Liverpool and Manchester United plus the odds ahead of Sunday's match.
Liverpool v Manchester United Tips
Tip #1: Match to be drawn@ odds of 9/4 from Paddy Power.com.
Tip #2: Steven Gerrard to score Opening Goal @ odds of 9/1 with Paddy Power.com.
Liverpool v Manchester United Odds
6/4 Man Utd
Correct Score Odds
5/1 Draw 1-0
13/2 United 1-0
7/1 Liverpool 1-0
7/1 Draw 0-0
17/2 United 2-1
9/1 Liverpool 2-1
10/1 United 2-0
13/1 Draw 2-2
First Goalscorer Odds
11/2 Wayne Rooney
11/2 Luis Suarez
6/1 Javier Hernandez
13/2 Andy Carroll
13/2 No Goalscorer
15/2 David Ngog
8/1 Dirk Kuyt
9/1 Steven Gerrard
12/1 Joe Cole
Odds supplied by Paddy Power , plus over 100 other markets on this match and all Premier League fixtures, including live betting in-running.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Wolves v Tottenham Odds Niko Krancjar can continue good goalscoring form
Wolves A Good Bet To Take Another Top Scalp
Cardiff v Ipswich Betting Back Michael Chopra to be first goalscorer in Championship clash
Promotion Chasing Cardiff Favourites For Late Kick Off Fixture At Cardiff City Stadium
Man City v Wigan Odds Mario Balotelli good bet to score first at Eastlands
Top Four Hopefuls City Look To Return To Form Against Relegation Strugglers Wigan
Arsenal v Sunderland Odds In form Bendtner well backed in the first goalscorer betting
Sunderland Have Failed To Win In Last Nine Attempts Against Arsenal
Birmingham v West Brom Betting Draw provides tempting odds for relegation clash
West Brom Could Upset The Carling Cup Winners' Party At St Andrews
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you a £30 free bet.
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an new betting account with the bookmaker Ladbrokes and you can claim a £50 free bet.
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Open an account with Coral and get £30 in free bets:
- Click on a link to Coral
- Open a new betting account
- Have your first bet of £10
- Coral will credit your account with £30 in free bets
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an account with online bookmaker BetVictor and get £25 in free bets. BetVictor will match your first bet with a free bet to the same value, up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 in Free Bets
Get up to £25 in free bets with Sky Bet:
- Sign up to Sky Bet and have a £5 bet.
- Skybet will then reward you with four £25 in free bets
Open Account - Free £25 Bet
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers