- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Mansfield v Liverpool Odds: Shelvey The Man To Follow In FA Cup
There are a number of intriguing clashes to look forward to in this weekend's FA Cup Third Round but none more so that the meeting of Mansfield Town and Liverpool. The clash at the One Call Stadium pits a non league side against one of the biggest clubs in the world in what has the feel of a good old fashioned FA Cup tie in January. On paper there is only one winner but Mansfield will have other ideas as they play perhaps the biggest game in the clubs history.
Liverpool are coming into the clash at Mansfield in good form having won both of their last two matches 3-0 with the feeling being that Brendan Rodgers is starting to get a handle on the job. It has been a rocky start for the former Swansea Manager but Liverpool are now in eighth place in the Premier League with the top six firmly in their sights. The mood at Anfield has been further boosted this week but the arrival of new signing Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea and he could well make his debut against Mansfield at the weekend.
Punters won't be surprised to see that Liverpool are the massive favourites to beat Mansfield and progress through to the fourth Round of the Cup. Anyone wanting to back Liverpool to win the match by any score line can currently get a price of 2/9 with Paddy Power which offers little value. It will be interesting to see what team Brendan Rodgers decides to field with the Mansfield players surely keeping their fingers crossed that the in form Luis Suarez is given a rest on Sunday.
Mansfield do go into the big match in decent form having won three of their last four games in the Conference Premier but this will obviously be their biggest test yet. Jake Speight is the man in form for Mansfield having picked up eight goals so far this season and Manager Paul Cox will be hoping he can cause the Liverpool defence one or two problems this weekend. The hope for Mansfield is that the game against Liverpool will give the club and the town a much needed cash boost with the ESPN cameras descending on the stadium for the game.
There is no doubt whatsoever that Mansfield face a mammoth task if they are going to beat Liverpool but punters still wanting to back the upset can get a price of 11/1 with PaddyPower. It would truly be one of the great FA Cup shocks if Mansfield were able to beat Liverpool over 90 minutes and even the slightest chance of that happening makes this a fascinating clash.
The romantics would love Mansfield to pull off a shock but from a betting point of view we cant see past a Liverpool win on this occasion. The problem is trying to second guess the Liverpool side with changes set to be made but one player who is set to start and could make an impact is Jonjo Shelvey. The former Charlton man has picked up five goals this season and there is plenty of value in backing him to score in a comfortable Liverpool win.
Tip 1 - Jonjo Shelvey to score anytime @ 13/10 with Paddy Power
Tip 2 - The game to produce over 4 goals @ 11/10 with Paddy Power
Tip 3 - Both teams to score @ 10/11 with Paddy Power
Mansfield v Liverpool Match Odds
First Goalscorer Odds
13/5 - Luis Suarez
7/2 - Daniel Sturridge
5/1 - Samid Yesil
11/2 - Jonjo Shelvey
11/2 - Steven Gerrard
7/1 - Raheem Sterling]
8/1 - Daniel Pacheco
8/1 - Oussama Assaidi
9/1 - Suso
11/1 - Stewart Downing
14/1 - Jake Speight
14/1 - Matthew Green
All markets and prices supplied by Paddy Power Bookmakers
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Swansea v Arsenal Betting Tempting odds for a score draw at the Liberty
Premiership Sides Meet In Third Round Of FA Cup
Brighton v Newcastle Betting Match odds predict a tight FA Cup encounter
Brighton Hope For Repeat Of Last Year’s 4th Round Win
West Ham v Man Utd Odds Reds favourites for third round tie
All Premiership Clash On Saturday Evening
Walsall v Portsmouth Odds Saddlers look to pile more misery on Pompey
Visitors Without A Win Since Early October
Man City v Watford can enhance both teams to score accumulator in the FA Cup
Weekend's Picks Come From The FA Cup Third Round
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers