Crystal Palace And Newcastle To Serve Up A Super Sunday Stalemate
There is plenty at stake in Sunday's lunchtime kick-off in the Premier League as Crystal Palace welcome Newcastle to Selhurst Park and how both teams could do with three points to bolster their hopes of survival...
- The last Crystal Palace v Newcastle match at Selhurst Park ended in a 5-1 win for the Eagles in November 2015
- Newcastle have won their last two against Palace by a 1-0 scoreline
|Sunday 4th February - 2.15pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Crystal Palace v Newcastle|
|Tips||The Draw Best Bet||@ 5 / 2|
Palace have been resurgent under Roy Hodgson, turning a seemingly disastrous season around with a run of just two defeats in fourteen league outings and their improvement ensures that they start this game two points clear of ailing Newcastle.
Rafa Benitez's men have often been referred to as a Championship team in the Premier League this term and they have lost seven of their twelve away games so far (won three, drawn two), although it is worth noting that five of those seven losses came at the hands of Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Burnley.
The Magpies actually have a decent record on the road against the teams around them in the league table and they can take heart from the fact that Palace have been robbed of Scott Dann, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Bakary Sako through injury.
Palace are still 21/20 favourites but that is a very skinny price, even if they have only lost one of their past nine at home (drawn four, lost four) and we prefer to side with the draw at 5/2 (Betfair).
*Odds correct as of 2nd Feb, 11:16. Odds are subject to change.
Palace have dropped points at home against Huddersfield, Swansea, Southampton, Bournemouth and West Ham so far this season, so a home win might not be the banker that the bookmakers seem to think it is.
It could be a match that takes a while to burst into action as Newcastle haven't scored a first-half goal since 23rd December and Paddy Power go 11/10 for the second half to be highest scoring, which looks a decent enough bet when you consider that these two teams have only been ahead at half-time on three occasions each.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Back Both Teams To Score When Arsenal Host Everton At The Emirates
Arsenal V Everton Betting Preview
Burnley Can Make Life Difficult For Manchester City At Turf Moor
Burnley V Manchester City Betting Preview
Expect A Tight Game As Tottenham Host Man United At Wembley
History Suggests That A Low Scoring Affair Is On The Cards
Bank On Goals During A Win For Liverpool At Huddersfield
Huddersfield V Liverpool Betting Preview
There Could Be Another Glut Of Goals When Manchester City Visit Cardiff
Cardiff City V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers