- TREBLE SPECIAL - 20/1 Everton, Southampton and Chelsea ALL win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- ACCA SPECIAL - Betfair offer 30/1 for Everton, Chelsea, Southampton and West Ham ALL to win (new accounts)
- IN-PLAY OFFER - Bet £20 pre-match on Sunderland v Man Utd with Paddy Power and get a free £10 in-play bet
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 5/1 for Man Utd to beat Sunderland with Betfair
- SIX NATIONS - 6/1 Ireland win or 6/1 France win on Saturday with Betfair (New Customers)
- SIX NATIONS - 3/1 Wales win or 12/1 Scotland win on Saturday (New Betfair Customers)
- PREMIER LEAGUE - Betfair go 4/1 for Chelsea to beat Newcastle on Saturday (new accounts)
- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 15/1 for the Foxes to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- IN-PLAY OFFER - Bet £20 pre-match on Arsenal v Leicester with Paddy Power and get a free £10 in-play bet
- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 5/1 for the Gunners to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 5/1 for Arsenal to win or 12/1 for Leicester to win with Betfair
- SIX NATIONS - 3/1 England to beat Italy with Betfair (New Customers)
- DOUBLE SPECIAL - 12/1 for Liverpool and Man City BOTH to win on Sunday (new Paddy Power customers)
- VILLA v LIVERPOOL - Betfair offer new customers 6/1 for Liverpool to win on Sunday
- MAN CITY v TOTTENHAM - Paddy Power go 12/1 for Spurs to win (new accounts)
- MAN CITY v SPURS - Get 5/1 City win or 10/1 Tottenham win when you open a Betfair account
- LA LIGA - Betfair offer enhanced odds of 5/1 for Barcelona to beat Celta Vigo (New Accounts)
- LIVE IN-PLAY - Tshwane Open
- LIVE IN-PLAY - AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
Top 10 FA Cup Third Round Moments: A look back at the great cup upsets
The big boys from the Premier League enter the 2012/13 FA Cup at the third round stage this weekend and punters will be looking for the competition to produce one of its famous upsets. The 'minnows' of non-league and lower league football get the chance to take on more illustrious opposition and they have emerged victorious on a number of occasions in the past. We take a look back at our top-10 FA Cup third round moments since Hereford produced the mother of all upsets when beating Newcastle in 1972......
10. Hereford 2 - 1 Newcastle, 1972
Non-league Hereford had earned a huge amount of respect in the original third round tie as they held top-flight title challengers Newcastle to a 2-2 draw at Tyneside, where they took the lead after just 17 seconds. They saved their best for the replay on a quagmire of a pitch at Edgar Street though as Ricky George produced the winner in the first half of extra-time to leave Newcastle stunned and the 'magic of the cup' very much alive.
9. Burnley 0 - 1 Wimbledon, 1975
Three years after Hereford's heroics, Wimbledon produced an FA Cup shock of their own against Burnley and it is worth remembering the respective league positions of these two sides in the mid-1970s. The Dons were a non-league outfit while Burnley were sitting pretty in mid-table in the top-flight, although it was Wimbledon who claimed victory and became the first non-league team to win away from home against top-tier opposition in more than half a century.
8. Bournemouth 2 - 0 Man Utd, 1984
This must go down as one of Bournemouth's greatest moments as they stunned the reigning FA Cup holders Manchester United. A young Harry Redknapp masterminded the win as the lowly third division side won through 2-0 thanks to goals from Gary Bailey and Ian Thompson, which sent the 15,000-strong crowd at Dean Court delirious.
7. Sutton 2 - 1 Coventry, 1989
Coventry headed to Gander Green Lane having won the FA Cup just two years earlier and they were riding high in sixth place in the top-flight so most were expecting them to cruise into the fourth round. Conference side Sutton had other ideas however as Matt Hanlan gave them a shock win.... although they went on to lose 8-0 to Norwich in the next round.
6. Wrexham 2 - 1 Arsenal, 1992
This undoubtedly goes down as one of the great upsets of the modern football era in the FA Cup as Wrexham stunned the mighty Gunners at the Racecourse Ground. Wrexham, who had finished 92nd in the football league during the previous season, came up against the country's second placed team and won in a true 'David v Goliath' clash as they came from one-nil down to win 2-1.
5. Shrewsbury 2 - 1 Everton, 2003
This is one of the more famous upsets of the modern era as former Everton player Kevin Ratcliffe masterminded a great win for Shrewsbury against his old side at Gay Meadow. It was the archetypal FA Cup upset as the Premier League side failed to get to grips with difficult conditions, while a young Wayne Rooney was anonymous as the veteran Nigel Jemson sealed a famous result with an 88th minute winner.
4. Burnley 1 - 0 Liverpool, 2005
Everton's Merseyside rivals Liverpool were on the wrong end of a third round upset in 2005 as Djimi Traore produced one of the more ridiculous own goals to hand Burnley an unlikely win. Traore dragged the ball into his own goal with a sensational turn and pivot that Lionel Messi would be proud of, although the humour was lost on the Reds as Burnley booked their place in the fourth round.
3. Man Utd 0 - 0 Exeter, 2005
United may have won the replay 2-0 at St James Park but non-league Exeter's efforts to draw 0-0 at Old Trafford deserves enormous credit. The Grecians defended for their lives against a second-string United side for the first 60 minutes before Sir Alex Ferguson called for Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Scholes, but even they could find no way though.
2. Burton 0 - 0 Man Utd, 2006
United struggled against Conference opposition again in 2006 as they were held to a 0-0 draw by Nigel Clough's Burton Albion. Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney were on show but they could find no way past a stout Burton rearguard, who kept their illustrious opponents at bay to earn a money-spinning replay at Old Trafford, which they went on to lose 5-0.
1. Everton 0 - 1 Oldham, 2008
David Moyes' team have been on the wrong end of a few too many upsets in the third round of the FA Cup in the past and their loss to Oldham ranks amongst the great shocks. The Toffees were in fifth place in the Premier League at the time but they could find no way past League One outfit Oldham, who claimed a famous scalp thanks to Gary McDonald's superb strike.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Newcastle v Everton Betting Bookings could be on the cards at St Jamess
Demba Ba Favourite To Score First
West Brom a value bet at even money for the visit of Fulham
Steve Clarke Looking To Get New Year Off To A Good Start For WBA
Southampton v Arsenal Odds Walcott all the rage in the goalscorer betting markets
Arsenal Odds On For The Win At St Marys
QPR v Liverpool Odds Back Luis Suarez to score the opener
Reds Favourites For The Win At Loftus Road
Back a draw in the betting for latest Everton v Chelsea league clash
Everton Are Unbeaten At Home In The League This Term
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you THREE FREE £10 bets.
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Ladbrokes are one of the best known bookmakers in the UK and are offering a free £50 bet when you sign up as a new customer. Register using the bonus code F50 and they'll match your first bet with a free bet up to £50.
Open Account - Free £50 bet
£25 free bet with William Hill.
- Open an account at William Hill and and use the promotion code F25.
- Deposit funds and place your first bet
- William Hill match your first bet with a free bet up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Betfred will give you a free £30 bet when you open a new account and have a first bet of at least £10.
- Open a new betting account with Betfred
- Have a bet of at least £10
- Betfred will give you a free £30 bet
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Get up to £40 in free bets with Sky Bet:
- Sign up to Sky Bet and have a £10 bet.
- Skybet will then reward you with four £10 free bet tokens
Open Account - Free £40 Bet
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers