- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 15/1 for the Foxes to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- IN-PLAY OFFER - Bet £20 pre-match on Arsenal v Leicester with Paddy Power and get a free £10 in-play bet
- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 5/1 for the Gunners to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 5/1 for Arsenal to win or 12/1 for Leicester to win with Betfair
- SIX NATIONS - 3/1 England to beat Italy with Betfair (New Customers)
- DOUBLE SPECIAL - 12/1 for Liverpool and Man City BOTH to win on Sunday (new Paddy Power customers)
- VILLA v LIVERPOOL - Betfair offer new customers 6/1 for Liverpool to win on Sunday
- MAN CITY v TOTTENHAM - Paddy Power go 12/1 for Spurs to win (new accounts)
- MAN CITY v SPURS - Get 5/1 City win or 10/1 Tottenham win when you open a Betfair account
- LA LIGA - Betfair offer enhanced odds of 5/1 for Barcelona to beat Celta Vigo (New Accounts)
- WATCH LIVE SPORT at BET365
- LIVE IN-PLAY - AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
Championship Season Betting Preview: Big spending Leicester favourites for the title
The 2011/12 Championship season is nearly upon us and betting on who will win the league and indeed who will take the three promotion places is hotting up. Big-spending Leicester City have been propelled to the head of the betting as Bet 365 go 4/1 that Sven Goran Eriksson's side win the league, with the likes of West Ham and Nottingham Forest well fancied.
Leicester have spent big during the summer after they finished a respectable tenth last season. The board have backed Eriksson to produce the goods and anything other than promotion would be a major failure as they have brought in David Nugent, Paul Konchesky, Matt Mills, Kasper Schmeichel and Michael Johnson. They are as short as 11/8 to gain promotion.
West Ham are also well fancied to go straight back up to the Premier League after their relegation under Avram Grant last term. Sam Allardyce has since come in to replace the Israeli and he too has been busy in the transfer market - bringing in Kevin Nolan, Matt Taylor and Abdoulaye Faye. The new additions along with the experienced heads of Scott Parker, Robert Green and Carlton Cole make them a tempting bet at an industry best of 9/2 to win the league. They are 6/4 to be promoted and Allardyce has plenty of experience of guiding teams to promotion from his time with Notts County and Bolton.
It is Nottingham Forest who are third favourites to win the league at 12/1 after they appointed Steve McLaren as manager. They failed in the play-offs last term under Billy Davies but have since brought in Andy Reid, George Boateng and Jonathan Greening, and they could be in the mix again as they look to return to the top flight after 12 years away.
Interestingly, Blackpool and Birmingham, both relegated from the Premier League last year, are further back in the betting to go up. Blackpool look the better proposition at 20/1 after they replaced Charlie Adam with Barry Ferguson, and if Ian Holloway can rediscover the same spirit of two years ago they shouldn't be too far away.
Birmingham are far less straightforward as Bet365.com price them 16/1 to win the league, 4/1 to be promoted and 4/1 to be relegated to League One. It shows that no one really knows what to expect from the Blues and Chris Hughton certainly looks to have a tough job on his hands. They have lost fifteen senior players, including Roger Johnson, Ben Foster, Craig Gardner and Sebastian Larsson, and Scott Dann is expected to follow suit.
They look like a club in turmoil following their owners recent charge for money laundering and the freezing of Carson Yeung's assets, and a bottom half finish wouldn't be a surprise.
Elsewhere, Reading lost out in heart-breaking fashion in the play-off final last year and Brian McDermott's men are 16/1 to win the league and 9/2 to gain promotion this time. While the newly promoted South coast clubs, Southampton (16/1) and Brighton (20/1) could offer interesting punts, particularly the latter after they snapped up Peterborough's 35 goal striker from last season Craig Mackail-Smith.
At the other end of the table, Barnsley and Doncaster are joint favourites to be relegated at 15/8, although Coventry could be worth a look for that honour at 2/1 after their past five seasons yielded finishing positions of 17th, 21st, 17th, 19th and 18th.
Championship Season 2011/12 Tips
Tip #1: West Ham to win the league @ 9/2 with Bet365.com
Tip #2: Blackpool to win the league each-way @ 20/1 with Bet365.com
Tip #3: Coventry to be relegated @ 2/1 with Bet365.com
Championship Season 2011/12 Betting
Championship Winner Betting
9/2 West Ham
12/1 Nottingham Forest
Championship Promotion Betting
6/4 West Ham
7/2 Nottingham Forest
Championship Relegation Betting
9/4 Crystal Palace
All odds provided by Bet365.com who provide a variety of odds and betting markets for the 2011/12 Championship season.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Betting makes England favourites to win group following World Cup qualifying draw
Republic Of Ireland Set To Meet Germany In Group C
Betting ranks England among the favourites ahead of 2014 World Cup draw
England Could Be Drawn In The Same Qualifying Group As France
RNK Split v Fulham Odds Back a big win for Martin Jols team
Fulham Odds On To Win Second Leg Against Croatian Side
Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round Odds Back Benfica and Trabzonspor to draw
Standard Liege Favourites To Beat FC Zurich
Chelsea v Kitchee Odds Hong Kong side tempting price to cause an upset
Fernando Torres Will Try To Find Form In Pre Season Friendly
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you THREE FREE £10 bets.
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Ladbrokes are one of the best known bookmakers in the UK and are offering a free £50 bet when you sign up as a new customer. Register using the bonus code F50 and they'll match your first bet with a free bet up to £50.
Open Account - Free £50 bet
£25 free bet with William Hill.
- Open an account at William Hill and and use the promotion code F25.
- Deposit funds and place your first bet
- William Hill match your first bet with a free bet up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Betfred will give you a free £30 bet when you open a new account and have a first bet of at least £10.
- Open a new betting account with Betfred
- Have a bet of at least £10
- Betfred will give you a free £30 bet
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Get up to £40 in free bets with Sky Bet:
- Sign up to Sky Bet and have a £10 bet.
- Skybet will then reward you with four £10 free bet tokens
Open Account - Free £40 Bet
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers