Burnley Can Make Life Difficult For Manchester City At Turf Moor
Manchester City's relentless march towards the Premier League title continues apace and they could move 18 points clear at the summit of the table if they win Saturday's early kick-off against Burnley at Turf Moor...
- City are yet to win by more than a two-goal margin in away games at any of the current top-ten in the Premier League
- Sergio Aguero has scored six in his last four against Burnley
- Burnley's 12 home league games have produced 17 goals
|Saturday 3rd February - 12.30pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Burnley v Manchester City|
|Tips||Burnley to cover +2 goals in the handicap Best Bet||@ 1 / 1|
Pep Guardiola's men are in cruise control now and it will come as no surprise to see that they are 1/4 for yet another win this weekend, with the Citizens having won each of the past four Burnley v Manchester City fixtures in all competitions.
As with so many teams, Sergio Aguero has caused the downfall of Burnley on numerous occasions as he has scored in each of his last four appearances against the Clarets, scoring six goals in total, and he is 5/2 favourite to score first on Saturday (Ladbrokes).
City come up against a Burnley side that has gone eight without a win (drawn four, lost four) during a difficult spell but Sean Dyche's men are always difficult to play and we fancy that they could offer some value in side markets on home soil.
*Odds correct as of 2nd Feb, 11:13. Odds are subject to change.
Where's The Value?
Burnley always keep things tight as their 25 league games this season have only produced 42 goals, while their 12 home matches have witnessed just 17 goals! Under 2.5 goals has paid out in 19 of their 25 outings, including in 10 of 12 at Turf Moor, and under 2.5 goals is available at 5/4 (Coral).
It is difficult to back 'unders' whenever this Manchester City side are involved though and we prefer to stick with the notion that Burnley are able to make life difficult. With that in mind, the hosts are even-money to cover +2 goals in the handicap market (Betfred) and that looks like a decent bet when you consider the fact that six of City's ten away league wins have come by a single goal margin, while the league leaders are yet to cover -2 goals in any of their away matches at the current top-ten in the division.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Expect A Tight Game As Tottenham Host Man United At Wembley
History Suggests That A Low Scoring Affair Is On The Cards
Bank On Goals During A Win For Liverpool At Huddersfield
Huddersfield V Liverpool Betting Preview
There Could Be Another Glut Of Goals When Manchester City Visit Cardiff
Cardiff City V Manchester City Betting Preview
Newcastles Stamford Bridge Woes To Continue In Sundays FA Cup Clash With Chelsea
Chelsea V Newcastle Betting Preview
West Brom Tipped To Make Life Difficult For Liverpool At Anfield
Liverpool V West Brom Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers