Liam Plunkett To Bowl England To A Champions Trophy Win Over Pakistan
England and Pakistan contest the first semi-final of the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy on Wednesday and it is the tournament hosts who are worthy favourites in Cardiff, where Liam Plunkett can again shine with ball in hand...
- Liam Plunkett's two ODI appearances in Cardiff have yielded 7 wickets at 14.14
- Sarfraz Ahmed averages 51.75 with the bat in ODI's against England
- England have won 12 and lost 2 of their past 14 ODI's against Pakistan
|Wednesday 14th June - 10.30am||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|England v Pakistan|
|Tips||Liam Plunkett top England bowler Best Bet||@ 7 / 2|
Eoin Morgan's England are the only unbeaten team left in the competition as they secured their progress through to the last-four with wins over Bangladesh, New Zealand and Australia. They have been hugely impressive and they look set to amend the one area of concern by replacing the out-of-form Jason Roy, who has scored just 51 runs in his past eight innings, with Jonny Bairstow at the top of the batting order.
Bairstow comes into a side that has won twelve of their past fourteen ODI meetings with Pakistan and it is no surprise to see that England are 4/11 on for Wednesday (Sky Bet).
It is remarkable to see Pakistan in the semi-finals after they produced a laughable performance during their humiliating defeat to India in the opening match of the tournament, although they have since highlighted their ability to produce a performance out of nowhere by riding their luck during wins over South Africa and Sri Lanka.
Pakistan's Danger Men
It is worth noting that Pakistan did beat England in an ODI in Cardiff in September 2016 as Mohammad Amir impressed with some excellent bowling. Amir was one of the heroes during Monday's tense win over Sri Lanka in Cardiff, where he took 3 for 50, and he is 7/2 to be top Pakistan bowler again.
Amir also contributed with the bat against the Sri Lankans as he gave his captain, Sarfraz Ahmed, able support during their successful run chase and it is Sarfraz who is a massive price to be top Pakistan batsman (10/1 with SkyBet.com). Sarfraz is continually having to rescue his side following batting collapses and the man who averages 51.75 in ODI cricket matches against England could be called upon again.
England's Star Performers
As for England, Joe Root has been the stand-out performer with the bat and he is 10/3 to be his team's top batsman again after scoring 64 against New Zealand in Cardiff.
However, it is Liam Plunkett who could prove to be the key man with the ball here as he tore New Zealand apart with figures of 4 for 55 last week and his two ODI appearances in Cardiff have now yielded seven wickets at an average of 14.14.
Plunkett loves playing in the Welsh capital and he could chip in with some more vital middle-to-lower order wickets to help his team to victory, with Ladbrokes going a best price 7/2 for Plunkett to be top England bowler.
Archive - Previous 5 Cricket Articles
Josh Hazlewood To Star For Australia Against England At Edgbaston
England V Australia Betting Preview
New Zealand The Value For Champions Trophy Clash With England
England V New Zealand Betting Preview
Root For Joe In Englands Champions Trophy Opener Against Bangladesh
England V Bangladesh Betting Preview
India Rank As The Value In The Betting For The ICC Champions Trophy
2017 ICC Champions Trophy Betting Preview
Hashim Amla To Star With The Bat Against England In The Second ODI
England V South Africa 2nd ODI Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers