Stuart Broad To Shine For England With Ball At Trent Bridge
England wrapped up the opening Test Match with South Africa with relative ease at Lord's on Sunday afternoon, as a Moeen Ali-inspired attack rattled through a pretty lacklustre batting line-up to win by 211 runs to hand Joe Root a win in his first match as Test captain, but with the likely return of Faf Du Plessis the South African player will hope for a more improved performance when the second test starts at Trent Bridge on Friday.
- England won first test by 211 runs
- Stuart Broad had figures for 8-15 against Australia at Trent Bridge in 2015
- Joe Root smashed 190 in first innings at Lord's last week
|Friday 14th July - 11.00am||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|England v South Africa 2nd Test|
|Tips||Stuart Broad to be top English bowler Best Bet||@ 4 / 1||Paddy Power|
|Joe Root to be top English batsman||@ 11 / 4||Ladbrokes|
How Will It Go?
Despite the return of Faf Du Plessis giving the Proteas a huge boost, they suffered a huge blow from the first match, with inspirational fast bowler Kagiso Rabada earning himself a one-match ban, so they will line up at Trent Bridge as 4/1 shots with Paddy Power, and that's hard to fancy.
The way they waved the white flag when the going got tough in the second innings, having produced a fine bowling display to restrict England in their second knock showed that this South African team has a real flaky side to them, and if they lose the toss on Friday then they will struggle to even pick up a draw, which 7/2 with bet365.
The aforementioned Root couldn't have had a more dream start to his career as test captain, as after a sensational knock of 190 in his first innings, he then watched on as his bowlers smashed turmoil into the South Africans, so the 11/17 on offer with Unibet for England to go 2-0 up in the series is a real eye-catcher for those who enjoy odds-on chances.
Broad To Shine At Trent Bridge
Nottinghamshire bowler Stuart Broad knows every blade of grass inside out at Trent Bridge, and he has already played a host of games on the pitch this season for his county, but as soon as he walks through the gates on Friday he will have fond memories of his performances for England at his home ground.
Not one English supporter will forget his tremendous spell against the Australians in 2015, where he amassed eye-bulging figures of 8-15, and having showed some decent form in the first test, when picking up two wickets in the first South African innings, he could well kick on again, and at 4/1 with Paddy Power he is a cracking bet to be the top English bowler.
Top English Bowler Odds:
Don't Look Beyond Root
Keaton Jennings and Gary Ballance still have some questions to answer in England's top-four, but Alastair Cook and Joe Root have no such issues, and while Cook has been sparkling in the early part of the county season for Essex, he may just find a ball too good in the exchanges between bat and ball.
So, why read too much into the top English batsman market, and just stick with the world's best batsman Joe Root, who showed he was in fine form in the first test, and at 11/4 with Ladbrokes is a superb bet to be top English scorer once again.
Top English Batsman Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Cricket Articles
2017 Natwest T20 Blast Betting Preview
Hampshire Tipped To Shine In This Year's Twenty20
South Africas Rabada To Star In The First Test At Lords
England V South Africa 1st Test Betting Preview
Shikhar Dhawan Tipped To Star With The Bat In The Champions Trophy Final
India V Pakistan Betting Preview
Shikhar Dhawan To Guide India To Victory Over Bangladesh
India V Bangladesh Betting Preview
Liam Plunkett To Bowl England To A Champions Trophy Win Over Pakistan
England V Pakistan Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers