- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Kell Brook vs Gennady Golovkin: The Big One
IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook is looking to defy all odds when he faces the WBA, IBF and IBO unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin at the O2 Arena on Saturday.
Sheffield-born Brook has had to jump two weight divisions in order for him to make middleweight. Brook has mentioned that he struggled to make the 147lb category in the welterweight division, and sees himself as a more natural middleweight.
|Saturday 10th September - 11.00pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Gennady Golovkin v Kell Brook|
|Tips||Golovkin to win by KO, TKO or Disqualification Best Bet||@ 4 / 11|
There's no doubt that Brook has the ability to damage Glolovkin, but it's whether or not he is able to take the sheer power that Golovkin is so notoriously known for. Golovkin has had 35 professional bouts, winning all of them, with an impressive 32 of them being by way of knockout.
The fight is something new for both fighters. Brook of course has had to gain a substantial amount of weight, he looks in terrific shape and looks stronger than ever. With this in mind, Brook has had to adapt so much, it's hard to know what to expect from him given the amount of changes. Jumping two weight divisions to fight arguably the most feared boxer in the world, Brook will have to be at his very best if he is to become the unified middleweight champion.
Brook has beaten top boxers, his points victory over Shawn Porter in 2014 showed exactly what he is capable of. Brook upset the odds to win the IBF title in America, his punching power along with his desire to win was evident and if he can show similar attributes on Saturday, Brook could make history.
Golovkin has fought two British boxers previously. His first British opponent was Matthew Macklin back in 2013 where he won by knockout. His second bout against British opposition was against Martin Murray where he won by TKO in 2015. Murray has since spoken about Golovkin's power during an interview with Sky Sports, mentioning how Golovkin had 'opened him up like no one had ever done before' and also praised his punching variety.
Despite Golovkin's being so dominant in the division, he hasn't really fought anyone of Brook's magnitude and the same applies to Brook of course. It has been claimed that this is because boxers are too scared to even fight him. Brook's timing has to be perfect if he is to successfully counter the big punches that Golovkin throws, one thing which Martin Murray singled out as a possible 'chink' during his interview with Sky Sports, was Golovkin growing in frustration as the rounds began to progress, hence why Brook will be aiming to pick his shots wisely.
If this one goes the distance, Brook may get the decision. Firstly, Golovkin doesn't go the full distance much, just the three times in his professional career whereas Brook has already showcased his boxing skills over the full distance during his brilliant victory over Porter.
Golovkin, as mentioned by Martin Murray, may grow in frustration as the fight goes on which will allow Brook to really show what he is capable of doing. Experts believe that we haven't properly seen Kell Brook at his 100% best, but one thing is for sure, he will have to be at his best to come out on top in this one.
If the fight comes down to the judges scorecards, Brook will be my favourite to claim the victory. However it will be a tough task for him to go the full distance, the safer option is for a Golovkin victory by way of knockout or TKO.
Brook to win on a split decision is 20/1 on Sky Bet, whereas Golovkin is at 14/1.
If Golovkin is to win by way of KO or TKO, Sky Bet are offering 30/100.
Kell Brook v Gennady Golovkin Odds
Method of Victory:
Archive - Previous 5 Boxing Articles
What the future holds for Dillian Whyte
A Fight With Chisora Or Tarver Is In The Offing
Huge night of boxing at the Leeds Rumble on Saturday
Dillian Whyte To Be Too Good For Dave Allen
Anthony Joshua v Dominic Breazeale Odds Expect Another Early AJ Ko Win On Saturday Night
IBF World Champion To Maintain Perfect Pro Record
Saul Alvarez v Amir Khan Odds Canelo KO Victory Looks The Bet In Las Vegas Super Fight
Catch Weight Bout Sees Speed Taking On Power
Scott Quigg v Carl Frampton Odds Expect The Jackal To Claim Points Victory
Manchester Hosting Blockbuster Super Bantamweight Unification Fight
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers